A car-bomb blast took place at a government compound in Afghanistan’s northern province of Samangan on July 13. The blast was followed by gunmen clashing with the security forces. The attacks have by far left more than 40 people wounded.
The news has been confirmed by Mohammad Sediq Azizi, a Spokesman for Samangan’s provincial government. He said that the attack took place at a government facility in Samangan’s capital, Aybak, close to an office of the National Security Directorate, the main intelligence agency.
Mohammad Sediq Azizi said, “It’s a complex attack that started with a car bomb. Clashes with the attackers are still going on”.
The province’s Health Director, Khalil Musadeq, said 43 civilians and members of the security forces had been wounded in the attack, with that number expected to rise and deaths expected.
By far, no one has claimed responsibility for the attack.