A barrage of rockets, on November 21, struck densely populated parts of Kabul, marking the biggest attack in a wave of violence sweeping the Afghan capital. At least 8 lives have been lost in the attack.
Blaming Taliban for the attack, Interior ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said that terrorists had fired a total of 23 rockets. Adding further, he added, “Based on initial information, eight people were martyred, and 31 others were wounded.”
Just before 9:00 am (0430 GMT), the salvo slammed into various parts of central and north Kabul – including in and around the heavily fortified Green Zone that houses embassies and international firms. Confirming the same, the Iranian Embassy said that its main building had been hit by rocket fragments after a missile landed on the premises.